History

Carl Stahl was established 1880 as a small rope-making facility with agricultural products. Today the enterprise has more than 1,500 employees at 70 locations worldwide. Until today the company is still family-owned.

A time journey through the history of Carl Stahl

1880

Foundation of rope making shop “Stahl” at Suessen by Jakob Stahl.

1904

Jakob Stahl hands his business over to his son Carl.

1930

Carl Stahl II takes over the company. The company Kammgarnspinnerei Gebr. Stahl is run by his father and later added to the Carl Stahl Group.

1933

Parade car celebrating the incorporation of Great and Small Suessen

1966

Willy Schwenger, Carl Stahl’s son-in-law, joins the company’s management.

1968

Expansion and new construction of new company premises at Suessen (plant I)

1971

Development and introduction of safety hook eyes

1972

New construction of a new branch at Stuttgart-Plieningen (plant II)

1978

Foundation of subsidiary „Metall + Formteile GmbH“

1980 - 1997

Completion of the new administrative centre and a production facility in Suessen (plant III) and foundation of many new subsidiaries in Germany and abroad

1996

Acquisition of AURAS GmbH & Co. KG (until 2000 Carl Stahl GmbH & Co. KG Frankfurt)

1998

Official opening of the new Wire Rope and Technology Centre in Suessen

1999

Carl Stahl becomes exclusive distributor of the nokon bowdencable-systems

2000

Kromer GmbH becomes member of the Carl Stahl Group. The name is changed to Carl Stahl Kromer / Introduction of a new Corporate Identity: All subsidiaries now carry the name Carl Stahl in their company logo.

2002

Completion of new production and storage facilities in Suessen

2003

Foundation of new subsidiaries in Finland and Saarbruecken/Germany

2004

A new management generation takes charge at the headquarters in Suessen: f.l.t.r Andreas Urbez, Willy Schwenger, Wolfgang Schwenger

2005

New subsidiary founded in Sweden

2006

New construction of a new office building in Suessen

2007

Separation of operational and strategic areas, launch of 6 new divisions: Lifting equipment, Architecture, TechnoCables, Company Equipment, Academy and Jewellery

1.8.2007

VENTZKI company is added to the Carl Stahl group, VENTZKI remains legally independent.

2008

2008: Foundation of the Carl Stahl Academy / new subsidiaries at Eislingen/Germany and Regensburg/Germany / Joint Ventures in India and Indonesia

2010

The product sector „Crane- and Industrial ropes“, formerly member of the Lifting Equipment Division, becomes a division of its own.

2011

Subsidiary Carl Stahl Kromer GmbH moves from Freiburg to Gottenheim. The product sector “Submersible Pumps” is separated from Carl Stahl GmbH & Co. KG Frankfurt and transferred into Auras Pumpen GmbH & Co. KG. Auras is moving into their own facilities. Ex-pansion of storage and production area.

2012

Again Carl Stahl reaches „TopRating“ with Hoppenstedt CreditCheck

2013

Three times in a row Carl Stahl receives the „TopRating“ award

2014

The Stihl company honors Carl Stahl as year’s 2013 best supplier.

2014

Carl Stahl GmbH receives the Bisnode rating certification 2014

2015

Carl Stahl GmbH receives the Bisnode rating certification 2015

2016

New location in South Africa